Thursday, January 6, 2011

Introduction

Hello everyone.  This is my first blog and I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly, but I couldn't wait another day to start.  My wife and I have been trying to have a baby for 3 years.  Like most people we began the conventional way, then IUI, and now we're getting ready to start our first cycle of IVF.

As I was researching, I was surprised to find very few blogs, articles, or posts written from a man's perspective.  While it's obvious the women do the "Heavy Lifting" on this mission, I was in search of other men's experiences in supporting their significant others through this journey.  I find myself feeling a bit inadequate each time I review the plan for injections, ultrasounds, blood tests, etc....and I think about my role.  My desire is to provide a view of my experiences for anyone interested.

Ultimately, it would be great to share stories, ideas, comforting words, and anything else that might be of use.

Anyway, don't want to bore you yet.  Just thought I would create for others what I was in search of for myself.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first blog. I think it's great what you're doing here and I hope you have a lot of fellow future dads come by and share in your journey. I did something similar in that I wrote, still write, a blog about being the "non birth mother" in a two mom family. We also spent a few years doing inseminations, then IUI then IVF. Anyway, welcome to blogland and good luck to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for doing this. I often wonder what men think through this process. My DH is very supportive but doesnt really talk about this much. We are on our 2nd IVF attempt and both admittedly scared to death bc the first ended in m/c which was devastating. Anyway good luck and I look forward to reading this blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for putting yourself out there by writing this blog! My husband also complains that there's not much support for men out there, maybe guys think they don't need it?

    We'll be starting our IVF cycle in another month and half, so I'm enjoying reading your updates on what's going on at every stage. It sounds like things are going really well so far, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I live in Raleigh and am seeing the same doctor... Maybe we can chat... Congrats on the blessing you have received thus far and good luck on your next journey!

    ReplyDelete